The Technical SEO Manager/ Executive, will support and manage day-to-day SEO project work at Varn. They will be responsible for the planning and implementation of technical SEO strategies, conducting technical analysis, website audits and interpreting web analytics data to formulate technical recommendations.
You will be responsible for ensuring our clients websites are fully optimised for search engines, so their websites perform better online and are continuously ready for any new and upcoming ranking factors.
You will be producing regular progress reports and will work closely with the internal team to make recommendations for SEO improvements, keeping our clients happy and staying up-to-date with industry developments.
We are firm believers in employing for attitude and training for skill, so if you have knowledge and experience for the key responsibilities below, and a passion to learn new skills with a ‘can do’ attitude, then we would love to find out more about you.
Who are you?
- You will ideally have a robust understanding of SEO techniques and tools. You will have Excel and analytical skills, and be equally at home analysing data in spreadsheets or analytics packages and checking through source code for best practice. It would be beneficial if you have some experience of both website development and SEO.
- You will have experience at working with clients effectively and positively, with advanced numeracy & data analysis skills, supported with strong written and verbal abilities.
- Technical SEO audits including core web vitals, schema mark-up opportunities, content optimisation, keyword research.
- Monitoring our clients website performance, analysing / interpreting data, drawing conclusions making recommendations for optimisation.
- Keeping up to date with industry developments to ensure continuous development of our technical SEO knowledge.
- Contribute proactively with thought leadership, creating and writing content to help share Varn’s expertise within SEO.
- Contribute to an environment that fosters open communication and trust with all team members, clients and other stakeholders.
Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- Proven experience in technical SEO campaigns and achieving results, delivering SEO best practice for clients.
- Experience with keyword research, featured snippets, structured data markup and internal linking.
- Experience with industry-leading SEO tools such as SEO Profiler and SEMrush.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager (being Google Analytics qualified is an advantage).
- Excellent analytical skills, the ability to interpret data and trends along with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to compile reports with meaningful insights.
- Ability to think creatively around problems and interpret clients’ requests.
- Have an interest and good understanding of algorithm changes and be able to discuss SEO confidently both internally and with clients.
Who are we?
At Varn, our values are really important to us. So if you feel an affinity to our values, you could be a great addition to our team…
- We know that we know our stuff, be it search marketing, optimising websites, conducting technical audits and all of the SEO activity in between. This means our expert team is truly at the core of our business: Are you someone who will take enormous pride in being part of our expert team?
- We want to deliver results for our clients, so the work we do must deliver value and have a positive impact on the businesses we work with, otherwise, it’s all just SEO talk. We like talking, but we like ROI more: Are you someone who will help us get the results our clients demand?
- It is really vital that we work alongside our clients as a helpful partner, not just a supplier: Are you someone that looks beyond a ‘to do’ list, and is proactively thinking how best to deliver the best outcome for clients?
- We take enormous pride in the fact you can unquestionably trust Varn to help, to do the right thing and we will always be open and honourable with clients: Are you someone who believes integrity and honesty is vital?
- We are a friendly bunch and we want you to love working for us: Are you someone who thinks life is simply too short not to make it fun? If so, then you will fit right in.
- Salary £20,000 to £26,000 FTE depending on experience
- Opportunity to be part of a growing agency
- Access to our woodland office and our mobile Camper Varn office, so you can work outside and be inspired in new places.
- 20 days Holiday plus Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Training & development opportunities
- Fun working environment
How to Apply
To apply please email your CV to [email protected], with Technical SEO Application as the subject of the email.
Please include in your email an introduction to yourself and explain why you would be the right person for the job and particularly what excites you about this role.
Please note that your application must reach us by 13th August 2021.
No recruitment agencies please.