The Search Marketing Executive will support our day-to-day SEO and content marketing project work at Varn. You will be responsible for helping in the planning and implementation of SEO strategies, content creation, researching content opportunities, conducting analysis, website audits and interpreting web analytics data to formulate search marketing recommendations.
You will be responsible for ensuring excellence in our content outreach, our clients websites are optimised for search engines, so their websites perform better online and are continuously ready for any new and upcoming ranking factors.
You will be working closely with and learning from our SEO team and in time be making recommendations for SEO improvements, keeping our clients happy and staying up-to-date with industry developments.
We are firm believers in employing for attitude and training for skill, so if you have knowledge and experience for the key responsibilities below, and a passion to learn new skills with a ‘can do’ attitude, then we would love to find out more about you.
Who are you?
- You will have a keen interest in working in search engine marketing and are possibly looking to begin or kick start your career in this field.
- You will ideally have some understanding of SEO techniques and tools.
- You will have good Excel and analytical skills and it is really not required but would be beneficial if you have some knowledge and experience of website development and SEO.
- You will have good numeracy & data analysis skills, supported with ability to write well, as you will contribute to our content creation, writing blogs and communicating with clients.
- You will be organised, have fantastic attention to detail, willing to muck in and be part of a positive team to get the best results for our clients.
- Supporting with SEO audits such as core web vitals, schema mark-up opportunities, content optimisation, keyword research.
- Contribute proactively to content creation/writing, researching and blogger outreach, whilst also creating and writing content to help share Varn’s expertise within the SEO discipline.
- Monitoring our clients website performance, analysing / interpreting data, drawing conclusions making recommendations for optimisation.
- Keeping up to date with industry developments to ensure continuous development of our SEO and content creation knowledge.
- Contribute to an environment that fosters open communication and trust with all team members, clients and other stakeholders.
Experience & Skills:
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- This could be an entry level position for someone keen to start their career in search engine marketing. You may have a degree or qualification that has introduced you to search marketing and have an interest that this opportunity would develop.
- We train for skill, so we can support your development in SEO, primarily we are looking for enthusiasm, a positive attitude and the ability to get things done as part of a team.
- You will be a capable copywriter and also have good analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data, along with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to compile reports with meaningful insights.
- You will have the ability to think creatively around problems and interpret clients’ requests, be proactive and solve problems with gusto.
- You will have an interest in SEO and a keenness to develop confidence and knowledge of SEO and search engine marketing.
Who are we?
At Varn, our values are really important to us. So if you feel an affinity to our values, you could be a great addition to our team…
- As a team we know our SEO stuff, from technical know-how through data analytics, optimising websites and all of the content and digital activity in-between. We recruit carefully and train well with the greatest constraint on our business growth currently being our ability to find staff who meet our standards. This means our clients benefit from obsessive SEOers that actually do know all there is to know about SEO: Are you someone who will take enormous pride in being part of our expert team?
- We have to deliver results for our clients otherwise it’s all just SEO talk. Result metrics are always defined at the start of a project but typically are outranking the competition and delivering more quality traffic. We like talking, but we like winning in SEO more: Are you someone who will help us get the results our clients demand?
- We work alongside our clients as a helpful honest partner. It gets results and ensures our relationships flourish and are more enjoyable for our team: Are you someone that will look beyond a ‘to do’ list, and will proactively think how best to deliver the best outcome for our team and clients?
- We take enormous pride in the fact you can unquestionably trust Varn to help, to do the right thing and we will always be open and honourable: Are you someone who believes integrity and honesty is vital?
- We are a friendly bunch and we want you to love working for us: Are you someone who thinks life is simply too short not to make it fun? If so, then you will fit right in.
Salary £18,000 – £23,000 FTE depending on experience.
- Opportunity to be part of a growing agency
- Access to our woodland office and our mobile Camper Varn office, so you can work outside and be inspired in new places
- 20 days Holiday plus Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Training & development opportunities
- Fun working environment
How to Apply
To apply please email your CV to [email protected], with Search Marketing Executive as the subject of the email.
This is a must….please include in your email, an introduction to yourself and explain why you would be the right person for the job, particularly what excites you about this role.
Please note that your application must reach us by 7th October 2021.
No recruitment agencies please.