4th July 2019
7 reasons why you need a video on your homepage
Marketers all over the world could previously be heard saying that video is the future, well now that future is here! Video instantly stimulates your senses, stays relevant across all devices and has been shown to bring longer visiting times if embedded in your website.
It helps with SEO, can add to the quality of your website and is easy to engage with. If you haven’t already – you may want to consider putting a video on your homepage.
You can make an Explainer Video to demonstrate complex ideas simply or liven up concepts that may not be so interesting if presented in text. Perhaps a Pitch Video will be more beneficial for you to help sell your services in the most succinct and visually attractive way and to get to the heart of your business.
Most importantly, video is a great way to tell stories and appeal to emotions, limited only by your own creativity and potentially your budget.
7 reasons to make a video
There are good reasons to make a video for your homepage:
- Increase Click Through Rate – you can increase Click Through Rate by 30% by embedding video on your homepage according to Hub TV.
- Suited to mobile – for mobile and smart devices time spent browsing on websites has been proven to be shorter, so video can be quicker to absorb than text.
- Visitors stay on your website – visitors will stay longer on your website according to invodo. Research shows that more than three out of five consumers will invest two minutes in a video that explains a product they are thinking of purchasing whilst 37% will watch for over three minutes.
- Videos can boost SEO – video is a way to target keywords in search engines, plus having people staying on your website can help with rankings. Transcripts or descriptions for your videos will help search engines to index it. Google owns YouTube, so it’s hardly surprising that video ranks highly in search engines.
- Easiest way to engagement – it’s a passive engagement that people are used to. You are not making them do anything more strenuous than watch a screen. It’s a comfort zone. Potential customers may not want to read much and why should they?
- Potential to share – videos can be easy to share on social media and there’s a potential to go viral. For the braver marketers and companies out there you can be really creative with a promotional video.
- It’s fun! Videos are entertaining to watch. It can be great fun to make a video too and is very rewarding when the results translate to an excellent piece of film which has the power to show people your brand in a more exciting way than written text and static images.
It is worth noting that video isn’t for everyone and will work best for businesses that have a product or service that is attractive, visual, or generally lends itself well to video.
If you are going to add a video on your homepage to highlight what you do, create good teaser text around the video clip to entice the visitor to click on ‘play’. Don’t skimp on quality and if you can, rely on professionals to help you create the video. Keep it short too, around three minutes should wrap up your message.
If you are looking for a new website or want your current site to perform better, then get in touch with our team today to discover what we can do for you.