So to help you on your way here are six steps to a successful SEO strategy:
1. Ensure all your business and product goals are aligned and that you are using search engine data as a key part of your market research.
2. Identify the target audience that is most likely to turn into customers not just visitors.
3. Determine the queries that fit your business needs and are conducted by your target audience in significant volumes.
4. Build content that not only ranks well on search engines for those queries but are also providing a user experience that helps searchers complete their tasks and engages them more deeply with your business.
5. Offer a call to action that compels the searcher deeper into the conversion funnel.
6. Understanding what metrics provide actionable insights into the effectiveness of the strategy. Don’t just base your strategy on number of visits.
Do let us know if you think anything else should be added to the list.